PRE EVENT: Monday 17 November 2014
PRE-EVENT WELCOME RECEPTION - SPONSORED BY SUPERLOOP
Join senior executives representing carriers and service providers from across Asia-Pacific, Europe, North America, the Middle East and Africa for an evening of pre-event networking.
DAY ONE: Tuesday 18 November 2014
Content & Carriers A whole new world
Registration and networking breakfast
VIP Speaker: FORECASTING FUTURE TRENDS Anders Sorman-Nilsson
, Creative Director & Founder, THINQUE
KEYNOTE ADDRESS: SNAPSHOT OF THE FUTURE OF THE CONTENT WORLD
, Principal Technology Evangelist, AMAZON WEB SERVICES
KEYNOTE PANEL DISCUSSION: FRIEND OR FOE? ASSESSING THE FUTURE OF CONTENT IN THE ASIA-PACIFIC MARKET AND THE ROLE OF CARRIERS AND OTTS IN A NEW CONNECTED WORLD
Understanding the scope of content development and distribution as sophisticated networks, cheaper
broadband and consumer demand drives the market
- is the current OTT business model sustainable going forward?
- what capacity needs will these services require as traffic increases
- establishing the role of CDNs in the content world
Understanding how operators can drive value from content services and enhance the end user
What is the role of wholesale players in the delivery of services to the media industry?
- is there a new business model to accommodate the surge in traffic?
- understanding the partnerships that carriers are forming with content providers
With a rapid uptake of mobile devices and enormous demands for mobile broadband, content is here to
stay how can carriers and OTTs monetise this global force?
- what revenue streams can carriers and content providers capitalise on?
- understanding the position of carriers and OTTs in the new playing field are they competitors or
Engaging the future of content and social media strategy
- what is the scope for building mobile enterprise services?
- predictions for the next 10 years Marc Halbfinger
, CEO, PCCW GLOBAL Toru Maruta
, CTO, CDNETWORKS Michael Wheeler
, EVP, NTT COMMUNICATIONS
Morning coffee break and networking opportunity
PANEL DISCUSSION: DATA DATA DATA! DISSECTING HOW THE INDUSTRY IS CAPITALISING ON CLOUD BASED SERVICES AND UNDERSTANDING THE GROWING IMPORTANCE OF DATA CENTRES TO PROVIDE THE CAPACITY FOR DATA STORAGE
As the IT boom takes over Asia, what role is cloud playing in the everyday running of telco businesses?
How to ensure the scalability of your network for seamless delivery of cloud services
- who is the pioneer in this space?
- optimising backend infrastructure for enterprise customers
Increasingly, carriers are jumping on the bandwagon and launching their own cloud services, how have
they cracked the code and overcome the liabilities of launching cloud services?
- who has had the most success in deploying cloud services?
- how successful have carriers been in running in-house cloud computing operations?
Connecting Asia: understanding how data centres are leading the way to connect regional players to
- snapshot of the latest technologies employed by data centres to increase efficiency and reliability
- how can data centres help industry players manage the cost of investing in cloud services?
Identifying the security issue that cloud services possess
- how do you monitor and overcome the network security threats?
- understanding the most pertinent threats
- top tips to keep your data secure
Cloudy forecast: what is the future of cloud computing and how it will support digital services how
much more will it evolve?
- evaluating how data centres are managing the demand of capacity
- what is the scope of managing bandwidth for HD video services?
Bevan Slattery , CEO, MEGAPORT
Ivan Landen , MD, EXPEREO
Andreas Hipp , CEO, EPSILON
Miles McWilliams , Head of Global Sales Internet & Content, DEUTSCHE TELEKOM ICSS
Andrew Oon, Business Development Director, Networks & Content Asia, EQUINIX
LUNCH AND NETWORKING OPPORTUNITY - SPONSORED BY PCCW
All attendees are invited to attend a sit-down buffet lunch providing an ideal opportunity to catch up with colleagues and contacts.
AFTERNOON COFFEE AND NETWORKING IN THE EXHIBITION AND BILATERAL TABLE MEETING AREA
All afternoons at Capacity Asia 2014 are exclusively dedicated to networking
CAPACITY ASIA 2014 DRINKS RECEPTION - SPONSORED BY NTT
All delegates are invited to the Capacity Asia 2014 drinks reception to network with attendees in a relaxed environment.