DAY TWO: Wednesday 19 November 2014
The future of wholesale, IP connectivity and content delivery
EXECUTIVE SPOTLIGHT: WHAT ARE THE KEY DRIVERS FOR VOICE BUSINESSES IS HD VOICE THE FUTURE?
Viroj Tocharoenvanith , SVP, CAT TELECOM
QUICK FIRE INDUSTRY PRESENTATIONS EXPLORING THE PRESSING WHOLESALE AND CONNECTIVITY ISSUES IMPACTING WHOLESALERS ACROSS THE REGION AS TRADITIONAL CORE SERVICES ARE RE-DEFINED
1. IP peering Evaluating the regulation of IP transit and IP peering policies dissecting the current status
of IP bandwidth.
2. Future of wholesale business models with rapid decline in price of core services and pressing need for capital investment in infrastructure to support increased traffic on unconventional carrier services, how are carriers bridging the revenue gap?
Yan Ou , EVP, CHINA TELECOM GLOBAL
3. Improving pan-regional connectivity - an exclusive insight from the United Nations regional Commission for Asia and the Pacific on their new interactive maps outlining both the international submarine cables and terrestrial fibre optic backbones that carry internet traffic between and within countries.
Remi Lang , Economic Affairs Officer, ESCAP
Morning coffee break and networking opportunity
11:50am KEYNOTE PRESENTATION: SPECIAL FOCUS ON CHINAS LATEST REGULATORY REFORM
The Chinese Ministry of Industry and Information Technology has issued the first round of 4G licenses to the dominating Chinese operators what is next for the three Chinese giants?
Assessing the structure and long-term plan for TD-LTE and FD-LTE roll out
What will this mean for the Chinese mobile broadband market?
What infrastructure and cost challenges are being faced?
How will this impact the governments aims to roll out high-speed internet into the region through The
Broadband China programme?
CHAMPAGNE ROUNDTABLE: EMBRACING DISRUPTIVE TECHNOLOGY REVOLUTION OF CONTENT-OPERATOR PARTNERSHIPS AS FASTER INTERNET CREATES A NEW PLATFORM TO CATER TO THE CUSTOMERS DEMAND FOR FAST OTT SERVICES
As smartphone devices saturate the Asia-pacific market, how are operators managing the demand for
data on networks?
Evaluating the potential to leverage mobile as the main route to reach and conquer new markets
How are content players and broader digital services increasing their demographic reach?
- how has 4G impacted the digital providers?
- how can carriers enhance user experience of content services on mobile?
Assessing LTE deployment across the region to deliver better content to consumers
- what are the technical infrastructure challenges?
- examining the opportunities for TD-LTE in emerging and advanced market
How are operators protecting core telco revenue streams against disruptive technology threats?
- what are carriers doing to become the preferred network partner of content providers?
- growth of video services
Determining the scope for content and carriers to form sound business partnerships as content demand
on smartphones reach fever pitch
What is the future for international voice traffic and revenues as skype enhances its services?
Can we keep up? are network upgrades keeping up with internet traffic growth?
- will current network models be sufficient to sustain the breadth of traffic The Internet of Things will
bring to the region?
Moderator: Armin Hall, Managing Director, BUYCARRIERSERVICES
Joe Zhu , SVP, CHINACACHE
Siddhartha Kohli , SVP, VODAFONE CARRIER SERVICES
Joby Babu , COO, NIMBUZZ
LUNCH AND NETWORKING OPPORTUNITY
All attendees are invited to attend a sit-down buffet lunch providing an ideal opportunity to catch up with colleagues and contacts.
EXTENDED AFTERNOON NETWORKING OPPORTUNITY
All afternoons at Capacity Asia 2014 are devoted exclusively to networking
All attendees at Capacity Asia 2014 are invited to the end-of-day-two drinks reception.