DAY TWO: Wednesday 30 October 2013
THE FUTURE OF DIGITAL SERVICES & INFRASTRUCTURE
Dave Crowley , Director Network Sourcing for GFS, MICROSOFT
OPTIMISING CONTENT DISTRIBUTION AND HD VIDEO
Alex Caro , CTO & VP of Services Asia Pacific & Japan, AKAMAI
IPX AND THE FUTURE OF THE WHOLESALE VOICE BUSINESS
Leveraging TDM infrastructure to remain competitive in a challenging climate
- identifying new revenue streams from value-added voice services to increase profitability
Securing new potential clients for outsourced voice services: carriers, enterprises, VoIP providers
- measuring the increase in demand in these segments
Offering IP-based network support to mobile clients to enable premium services
- an update on IPX in Asia and the new services it enables
- measuring the progress towards VoLTE, HD voice and HD video conferencing
Fraud prevention what can carriers do to protect their margins?
- reviewing best practices for identifying and eliminating fraud
- how can carriers work together against fraudulent network use?
Gordon Hou , Deputy Managing Director, Overseas Business Department, CHUNGHWA TELECOM
Edwin van Ierland , Global Sales Officer, IBASIS
Yasuyuki Koide , COO, KDDI
Conor Carroll, Regional VP Sales APAC, TATA COMMUNICATIONS
Morning coffee break and networking opportunity Sponsored by: TAWASUL
KEYNOTE PANEL DEFINING THE ROLE OF CARRIER NETWORKS IN THE OTT ERA
Creating innovative models for the wholesale business in 2014
- driving new revenue streams and cloud-based services to counter price erosion
- differentiating your services to remain competitive
Developing new strategies for expansion into key Asian growth markets
- identifying new opportunities in Indochina
Executive appraisal of the biggest growth opportunities in the Asian market
Future visions for the competitive landscape
- what will be the impact of new disruptive technologies?
- how can carriers and OTT players cooperate for mutual benefit?
Mapping the future of the wholesale industry
- specialisation vs. diversification
Markus Freikamp , Head of Business Steering & Operations, DEUTSCHE TELEKOM ICSS
Steven Yap , CEO, M800
Isabelle Lorin de Reure , Vice President Marketing Strategy & Development, ORANGE
Björn Iversen , CEO, TELENOR GLOBAL SERVICES
David Chalmers, Head of Sales Asia, TELSTRA GLOBAL
Lunch and networking opportunity Sponsored by CHINA TELECOM GLOBAL
All attendees are invited to attend a sit-down buffet lunch providing an ideal opportunity to catch up with colleagues and contacts. Dont forget to pre-arrange your lunch meetings with the online planner, made available two weeks prior to the event.
Extended afternoon netwokring opportunity in the exhibition and bilateral table area
All afternoons at Capacity Asia 2013 are devoted exclusively to networking:
An ideal opportunity for back-to-back meetings with senior decision-makers
Integrated exhibition area and meeting zones with seating
Bilateral table area, perfect for short, focused meetings to renew your partnerships and build new business
Visit the meeting room holders
DRINKS RECEPTION Sponsored by TRUE
All attendees at Capacity Asia 2013 are invited to the end-of-day-two drinks reception.