DAY THREE: Wednesday 14 November 2012
KEYNOTE PANEL DISCUSSION: THE GREAT CLOUD DEBATE
Defining the scope of opportunities presented by the cloud for carriers
-how can carriers remain competitive in the developing cloud market? Quality of application performance
and network security
- establishing the European opportunity: utilising EU data protection laws in the competitive global
Forecasting future developments in the cloud market and aligning carrier strategy
Is the window of opportunity closing for carriers to enter the cloud market?
To what extent are OTT players a threat to carrier cloud service offerings?
- understanding evolving OTT business models: what can the market expect in the future?
Opposing commercial strategies: outlining drivers for remaining cloudless
Evaluating the drivers behind OTT cloud service offerings and anticipated growth
How do you see OTT cloud business models evolving in the future?
What role do carriers currently play? Competitors or partners? Friends or foes? Why?
Driving the evolution of communications: can we collectively overcome the challenges?
Whats next for the OTT business? Small steps towards greater integration or not?
Moderator: Phil Tilley, Chief Marketing Officer, METRO ETHERNET FORUM (MEF)
Edward Evans, CEO, INTELIQUENT
Ying Liang, SVP Europe, PCCW GLOBAL
Bjorn Fransson, CTO, REBTEL
Mark Heraghty, Managing Director, VIRGIN MEDIA BUSINESS
Francois Eloy, EVP, COLT
Morning coffee break and networking opportunity
PANEL DISCUSSION: CAPITALISING ON OPPORTUNITIES PRESENTED BY THE DATA
How has the emergence of new cloud players impacted the data center market?
- determining new growth prospects; increasing demand for data storage and cloud accessibility
- addressing new metropolitan bandwidth infrastructure opportunities; increasing ISP density to accommodate market expansion
Determining the opportunities for wholesale
- carrier collaboration to provide access to the cloud
- providing data storage; competing with carrier neutral data centers
- integrating cloud into a data center strategy; leveraging the network and bandwidth from the edge
Are data centers becoming market players? Assessing data center positioning in the cloud ecosystem
Mapping the future of the data center business; potential for expansion and increased demand for metropolitan bandwidth
Moderator: Matthew Townend, Board Member, CAVELL GROUP
Uwe Nickl, Chief Marketing Officer, EUNETWORKS
Dick Theunissen, Chief Marketing Officer, EQUINIX
Kevin Dean, Senior Vice President & Chief Marketing Officer, INTERXION
James Tyler, Chief Marketing Officer, TELECITYGROUP
Lunch and networking opportunity
Close of Capacity Europe 2012