DAY ONE - EVOLVING INDUSTRY DRIVERS: THE TRANSFORMATION OF THE CARRIER SPACE
Monday 3 November 2014
8:00am Registration and networking breakfast
9:30am EXCLUSIVE KEYNOTE: 2024 VISION ENTERING THE ERA OF CONNECTED LIVING
The telecoms industry is predicted to drastically change over the next 10 years. Disruptive technology is volatile, but it is still possible to look at the work being done by R&D labs around the world in order to predict what the future holds for the industry. What kind of evolution can we expect to see over the next decade? Join David Rowan, Editor-in-Chief at WIRED MAGAZINE as he outlines key trends including the Internet of Things, Cloud Computing and trending disruptive technologies and how these will transform the world we live in. As we are heading into an era of truly connected living, are you and your business prepared for it?
David Rowan, Editor-in-chief, WIRED MAGAZINE
10:30am Morning coffee break and networking opportunity
11:30am KEYNOTE PANEL: THE ART OF TURNING CHALLENGES INTO OPPORTUNITIES
Continued, robust growth in connectivity demand, persistent security challenges, and continuing innovation in devices and services are among the trends facing the industry in the years to come. Join the ultimate debate of the year as Capacity Europe 2014 unites the entire industry ecosystem to discuss the challenges and opportunities from their respective point of view.
> New world order: pushing the wholesale business to the next level
- is it time to reinvent the wheel and innovate around the business model?
- discarding traditional models and transforming monetisation of services
- creating a more agile and automated industry to keep up with the fast-evolving forces
> Global outlook: Europe in the international context
- what are the key concerns facing the market and industry for 2015 and beyond?
- outlining the state of cybersecurity, netneutrality and disruptive technologies
> Pursuing a more aggressive growth in an increasingly crowded and converged world
- assessing the impact on the European market from recent large-scale M&A activity
- differentiating from or partnering with new entrants across the ecosystem?
- supplementing traditional offerings with more non-traditional arrangements
> Content-Carrier small-talk:
- are we each others customers or are we partners?
- understanding mutual requirements and identifying a win-win scenario
> Reaching beyond domestic markets and building international reach
- benefits and challenges with international expansion
- assessing and evaluating entry into high growth markets: spotlight on MENA, Asia and LATAM
Sabine Sitterli, Head of Networks EMEA, AKAMAI
Joe Moore, Head of Carrier Relations, BSKYB
Holger Magnussen, SVP, DEUTSCHE TELEKOM ICSS
Eric Schwartz, President, EMEA, EQUINIX
Alexandre Pebereau, EVP International Carriers, ORANGE
12:40pm Lunch and networking opportunity - Sponsored by China Mobile
1:40pm NETWORK SECURITY ROUNDTABLE: CREATING A RESILIENT NETWORK IN A HYPERCONNECTED WORLD
Trust and privacy in the Internet of Things are of top priorities to industry stakeholders. This executive roundtable will outline the scope of the challenge and how to tackle the associated issues in order to bring back the trust and security in our digital world by mitigating the risks of tomorrow. Join leading cyber security experts as they guide you through the issues at hand, the implications of these on your network, and what steps you need to take in order to maintain and build a robust network.
Phil Huggins, VP, STROZ FRIEDBERG
John Vladimir Slamecka, VP, AT&T GLOBAL WHOLESALE & ACCESS SOLUTIONS
Falk Weinreich, EVP, COLT
Eric Leandri, Founder, QWANT.COM
2:30pm Extended afternoon networking session - Sponsored by Telekom Malaysia
Utilise the extended afternoon networking session to visit the exhibition room, network with other attendees and hold meetings.
The meeting planner allows you to contact all registered delegates 4 weeks before the event takes place, allowing you to arrange back-to-back meetings and optimise your time at the event.
5:30pm DRINKS RECEPTION - SPONSORED BY NTT
All attendees are invited to the evening drinks reception. The perfect opportunity to build on contacts in an informal enviroment
DAY TWO - ITS A MOBILE WORLD: EXPANDING THE MARKET TO NEW FUTURE HORIZONS
Tuesday 4 November 2014
8:30am Networking breakfast (Exhibition area, meeting suites and meeting tables open 8:30am - 5:30pm)
9:30am Exclusive keynote interview
Eric Cevis, President, VERIZON GLOBAL WHOLESALE
9:45am EXCLUSIVE KEYNOTE INTERVIEW: CLOUD INTELLIGENCE INSIGHTS - PREPARING THE CLOUD FOR THE IOT FUTURE
The world is experiencing a huge shift in the fundamental structure of the internet as billions of devices get connected to it. This will have a huge transformational impact on the backend infrastructure. Cloud computing is predicted to play a major role in how the industry takes advantage of the device-driven data explosion. Join leading commentators as they focus on the impact of the cloud and the Internet of Things on the carrier business, and how to best leverage on the opportunities which these will inevitably represent.
Michael Vakulenko, Strategy Director, VISIONMOBILE
Denver Maddux, Senior Director, MICROSOFT
Carl Roberts, Group VP, VERIZON GLOBAL WHOLESALE
10:45am Morning coffee break and networking opportunity
12:05am KEYNOTE PANEL DISCUSSION: MOBILE MARKET INSIGHTS: DEVELOPING AND PIONEERING MOBILE CONNECTIVITY THROUGH HIGH QUALITY NETWORK CAPACITY.
Mobile data will continue to drive global telecoms revenue supported by higher data usage and increased penetration of smartphones and broadband services. Join leading MNOs as they discuss key market challenges and highlight challenges and strategic opportunities for the MNO market in Europe.
> Overview of the mobile market in Europe and beyond
- Europes connectivity race to keep up with Asia and the US
- reviving the neccesary infrastructure investments through an industry-friendly regulatory agenda
> Mobile backhaul in the context of content and OTT service providers
- helping MNOs tackle the OTT challenge
- the role of the carrier in delivering high QoS network delivery
> Mapping out the future of voice
- the status of VoLTE in Europe and the rest of the world
- the uptake and benefit of an IPX migration and its role in enabling HD services
> Driving the mobile operator business model to the next level
- encouraging more open and alternative revenue-sharing models
- how network sharing can help mobile operators address the backhaul burden
- experimenting with different ways of monetising services and platforms
> The future of MNOs and forecasting their capacity demands
- tapping into the m-business apps for the mobile enterprise sector
- mapping the evolution of mPayments, mHealth, mEducation, mAdvertising
- will new applications fuel mobile network expansion and create new revenue streams?
> Leveraging the convergence of LTE and Wi-Fi to meet capacity demand
> Mobile innovation for 2024 and beyond: what's next for the future?
- the role of the mobile network operator in the Internet of Things future?
- how will the M2M evolution shape the industry and its players?
Willem Offerhaus, CEO, IBASIS
Gianluca D'Agostino, Founder and CEO, NEOMOBILE GROUP
Vivek Jhamb, SVP for Northern Europe & America's Region, VODAFONE CARRIER SERVICES
Bjørn Iversen, CEO, TELENOR GLOBAL SERVICES
Zhang Lei, General Manager, CHINA MOBILE INTERNATIONAL LIMITED
13:05pm Lunch and networking opportunity - Sponsored by COLT
2.20pm 10th ANNUAL GLOBAL CARRIER AWARDS 2014: NOMINEE QUICKFIRE PRESENTATIONS
Join Capacity magazines Global Carrier Awards 2014 nominees as they showcase their craft to the Capacity Europe 2014 attendees before the evening ceremony.
To register email firstname.lastname@example.org
2:50pm Extended afternoon networking session
Utilise the extended afternoon networking session to visit the exhibition room, network with other attendees and hold meetings. Conferences sessions resume again in the morning.
5:00pm Drinks reception
All attendees are invited to the evening drinks reception. The perfect opportunity to build on contacts in an informal environment.
6:30pm Pre-awards drinks reception
All awards attendees are invited to the pre-awards drinks reception to connect with attendees before the award ceremony begins
7:30pm Capacity magazines Global Carrier Awards 2014
Join the Capacity Awards, where we will be announcing the best regional players in wholesale telecoms, and presenting awards for innovation in the industry. Join us for drinks and canapés, and help us to celebrate the key achievements in the market this year. Make sure you dont miss out, purchase your ticket now.
DAY THREE - CONNECTING THE WORLD: ACCESSING THE GROWTH POTENTIAL IN EMERGING MARKETS
Wednesday 5 November 2014
8:45am NEW FOR 2014: THE AFTER-PARTY BREAKFAST CLUB
Get set for the final day of Capacity Europe 2014 and get your head back in the game after the awards. Use this time to pack in your final meetings, build new connections and refuel before the conference sessions begin again.
10:30am KEYNOTE ADDRESS: FORECASTING DATA GROWTH IN THE DEVELOPING WORLD: PENETRATING AND MONETISING EMERGING MARKETS
10:50am KEYNOTE PANEL: REACHING OUT TO EMERGING MARKETS: UNLOCKING THE POTENTIAL ACROSS MARKETS WITHIN BRIC, MENA AND LATAM
This panel unites key regional experts as they highlight the most exciting developments coming out of emerging markets in order to investigate where the next opportunities are. Discover key barriers for investment in emerging markets and the attitudes of senior decision-makers towards opportunities relating to the telecoms sector across the hot spots of BRIC, MENA and LATAM.
> Overview and update of the changing macroeconomic, competitive and regulatory landscape in key growth markets
- snapshot of the state of affairs of LATAM, India, Middle East and Africa
> Pinpointing various opportunities for voice, data and broadband in key markets
- which access methods are trending in which markets: spotlight on 3G, 4G, LTE, fibre
- capitalising on new opportunities created by spectrum auctions
> A closer look into mobile broadband opportunity in the emerging regions
- assessing current and planned investments in LTE deployment
- measuring rapid growth of broadband penetration; detailed insight into understanding connectivity requirements of consumers and enterprises in developing economies
> Identifying and forecasting active infrastructure sharing activity in emerging markets
- the ramifications of network sharing and the key challenges and drivers behind this practice
> How can international carriers effectively tap into emerging markets worldwide?
- what opportunities are there for international partnerships?
- determining the criteria for effective co-operation with international carriers
- understanding various market entry challenges when reaching new geographical territories
> Future horizon for the carrier space
- is international expansion through collaboration and partnerships critical for future growth?
Andrew Dodsworth, Managing Director, BT GLOBAL TELECOM MARKETS
Nic Rudnick, CEO, LIQUID TELECOM GROUP
Rafael Arranz, EVP, AMERICA AND PACIFIC, TELEFONICA INTERNATIONAL WHOLESALE SERVICES
Elisabetta Ripa, CEO, TELECOM ITALIA SPARKLE
Stuart Evers, CSO, TURK TELEKOM INTERNATIONAL
12:00pm Lunch and networking opportunity - Sponsored by BT
2:00pm End of Capacity Europe 2014